The rationale of this project is to make our students aware of the fact of how important is to be raised as an global citizen in the context of Europe, in order to solve day-to-day problems they face in an educational context. We would like to improve the teaching/learning methods to improve the quality of our education. At the same time, and with this kind of projects, we are looking for openness and searching for aspirations in our students. No need to say, that everything we will be working on will have an impact in our immediate context, such as families, town councils, politicians, and our communities in general. In terms of the Target groups, we will select students and we will teach them how to cope with the main problems our schools have to face related to Early School Leaving, Bullying and Segregation, Refugees and Inclusion, and Students with Learning Difficulties. In this sense, not only students will learn, but also the whole schools will have to feel involved in it, trying to apply innovative teaching methods (as teachers) and involve the families to support our efforts.
If we had to briefly mention the main objectives of our project, it would be like that:
- To increase awareness of our students about the importance of European Citizenship and make them feel that all of us have things in common related to Education and Culture.
- To prevent some usual problems in our classrooms, like Early School Leaving, bullying and segregation.
- To increase interest in learning how to help disadvantaged students.
- To learn about customs, cultures and lifestyles of partner countries on the basis of their Education.
- To determine the differences and similarities in partner countries in terms of our Educational Communities.
- To encourage pupils to overcome negative attitudes towards students with learning difficulties.
- To practice English to communicate with students of the participating countries.
- To know each other by ICTs tools.
- To travel to foreign countries.
- To enable students to obtain data on rural areas in Europe regarding their educational context.
- To give students the chance to live with families of partners and get first hand information on their cultures.
- To increase awareness and interest in other cultures in Europe.
- To arise interest in story telling.
- To improve the cooperative skills of students.
- To arise interest in Inclusive Education among teachers.
- To learn about real experiences from students or experts on the topics related to the project.